Sexually Transmitted Infections / Reproductive Tract Infections (STI/RTI) Services in Mizoram
Provision of quality RTI/ STI case management services through a network of public health care delivery institutions, private sector providers, franchisee clinics and in targeted intervention settings will result in achieving following objectives:
- Enhance access to services to all; especially for women and adolescents who are constrained to seek services and face several access related barriers.
- Standardized treatment protocols will improve prescription practices by reducing poly pharmacy, irrational drug combinations.
- Focus on prevention, with special reference to partner management, condom use, follow-ups and management of side effects.
- Emphasis on treatment compliance and better treatment outcomes.
- Behavior change communication leading to improved knowledge on causation, transmission and prevention of RTIs/STIs.
- Ensure that providers offer counseling and testing services for HIV/ AIDS and establish linkages with ART systems with respect to person’s detected positives.
- Screen asymptomatic women especially contraceptive ushers and antenatal clients for STIs.
- Ensure service provisions for groups practicing high risk behaviors such as sex workers, MSMs and IDUs.
STI/ RTI Services under Mizoram SACS was launched in 24/09/2008. STI/ RTI services are implemented through Designated STI/ RTI Centers (DSRCs) or Suraksha Clinic.
Currently, DSRCs are located in:-
- Civil Hospital, Aizawl
- Civil Hospital, Lunglei
- Civil Hospital, Saiha
- Civil Hospital, Champhai
- District Hospital, Kolasib
- District Hospital, Serchhip
- District Hospital, Mamit
- District Hospital, Lawngtlai
- Referral Hospital, Falkawn
- Kulikawn Hospital, Aizawl